Sunday, March 8, 2009

We are complete again...

Mike took off for a fishing weekend with the guys on Thursday. Apparently, M and m decided it was time for my annual motherhood exam. Is she really as smart as she thinks she is? Is she really in control? Can she handle this without Him?

They fought with me. They fought with each other. I admit, Thursday night I didn't think I would survive. Friday morning was rough, but everyone made it to school. Friday afternoon I resorted to using a monotone voice and agreeing to watch 2 hours of pre-recorded Biggest Loser. Near the end of the show, as I watched the contestants load tubs at a food pantry, the thought occurs to me that our own pantry is currently VERY bare. I was terrified! M and m HATE the grocery store. In an effort to sweeten M's mood and entice her into a trip to Kroger, I suggested we go look for a new memo board for her bedroom. Three stores, no memo board. It is now 7:00 and we still have not been to the grocery. Thankfully, I had a stroke of genius. I remembered that we had a plain black memo board in a closet somewhere and I suggested we pick up some crafty items and M could 'girl it up.' We have a winner! She was thrilled! I let M pick out ribbon, gems, etc. and then we had a delightful trip to Kroger. After dinner, M girlied up her board, all by herself. Here is the finished product...

Apparently, she has inherited her Nana's talent for craftiness! Yeah!

Saturday, Michaela scored her first goal of the season at her soccer game. She was so excited! And they didn't lose, they tied. Yeah!

Mike is home now and all is good with the world again. Everything just feels a little off-kilter when he is not around. And while I am still not sure if I passed the big motherhood exam, Michaela and Megan both seem to love me and each other again. Phew, glad that is over!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's super cute! Glad you survived your weekend, I barely survived mine, and my guy was here. But maybe that's why ;-)