Thursday, December 18, 2008

CSI: Suburbs!

We had such an exciting day yesterday! Right here in our very own cul-de-sac we had a major bust. Apparently our new neighbor had an "at-home business" that the DEA was interested in. A very nice (and cute.... I wish my single sis had been here!)U.S. Marshall came to our door to ask us a few questions about our neighbor. I shooed M and m inside and we stepped out on the porch to talk. Later on, as I am taking M to choir, she asked several questions about the officers. My favorite one was, "So, what did you do? Why are they after you?" THAT will make for a very nice rumor! Then she was theorizing what these people might be in trouble for. The best theory was that they had killed all of the caribou! Hmmmm. Where does she get this stuff?! I tried to get some of the facts straight so her stories did not get too wild. But if you hear a rumor that the police came to get me for my involvement in an assault on Rudolph you will understand!

I wanted to post a pic, but I am not real sure how Federal Agents feel about being photographed while on the crime scene. They were very nice guys though. I couldn't help but look around at all the Christmas cookies we had sitting around and thinking how much those guys might like them. So, in true friendly suburban housewife fashion, I grabbed a platter, crossed the cul-de-sac and served cookies to U.S. Marshalls. How fun is that?!
Seriously, it was the least I could do for the men who risk their lives to keep our neighborhoods free of drug lords. My friend's husband used to be an HPD officer and I have heard the stories. I will say a special prayer tonight thanking God for the men and women of law enforcement and their families.

3 comments:

erin carlyle said...

And me being the stalker that I am had to drive by and check it out...it was some crazy stuff going on next door to the Ramos house!!!!

Amy said...

I'm thinking that the plate of cookies should've loosened their lips and given you some dirt!

Katie said...

That is one crazy story! The FBI came to my mom's house once, but that was because she was listed as a reference for an FBI employee who was going to be promoted :)