You jump and roll around on the bed like wild monkeys! M and m had a really fabulous time with their cousins! They also got to be spoiled by my aunts and uncles and cousins who came up from Kentucky to celebrate...
"STEEEEEVE!" in loud, high-pitched voices! No, they weren't shy.
Yes, we had lots of fun! We even went ice-skating! Super fun and no broken bones. And, believe it or not, no whining! Michaela actually tore herself away from her new Wii long enough to go out into the real world! Apparently, after 5 days of being stuck inside, my girls were up for anything! They did not complain that ice-skating was really hard, (which it is). They did not complain that it was too cold, (which it was). They did not want me to hold their hands all the time as they scooted around the rink, (which was too bad since I was using that as an excuse to go slow and stay close to the wall!) It was fantastic! I loved my girls as babies and toddlers, but I am learning that big kids are a lot of fun too!
Once we got back to the Lone Star State it was time for Christmas with Mike's family. The girls were so happy to see Nana and Pawpaw after being gone for so long! Nana and Pawpaw got them the coolest camcorder to share! It is not meant for kids (probably just stupid people) but it is so easy and fun to use. Check out this fabulous movie from our future retirement plans, oh, I mean Hollywood's next big stars!
Truthfully, it was a bittersweet Christmas, being that it was the first one without my Dad who passed away this year. But it doesn't really matter what day or month or season it is, my world is different without him here. I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me the earthly father that He did and for the time that we had together. Dad taught me many things, but mostly he taught me to live life in God's arms and to tell the people that you love how you feel. To all of my friends and family... I love each of you dearly and am so grateful for the blessings that you are to me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment