So, it is the usual around here, Mike is out of town and our schedule suddenly turns super-duper-hectic! But I did get some quality parenting in today between cleaning stray goldfish out of the car so I can carpool with adults tomorrow and running M back and forth to Speedstacking and soccer practice. Little Meggy and I had great conversation on the front porch where she ate her afternoon snack. Why outside? The housekeeper was just here and Meggy was eating a pop-tart. Meggy doesn't just bite or nibble her pop-tart, she peels it, like a fruit. I am afraid she thinks it is a fruit, not really all that different from a banana... or a starburst... you peel it and the good stuff is inside.
Then, Michaela came home from Speedstacking practice. She is participating in a big tournament Friday night. But when she came home today, she looked at the notes her coach had given her and asked, "What does it mean if I am the 'alternate'?" Now, moments like this are the reason I gave up working full-time. THIS is the hard parenting, the part no one else can do for you. And of course, her father (the one with a degree in counseling) is out of town. So, if this conversation goes bad, I am on my own! GULP! It all worked out! Apparently she thinks being the 'alternate' will make the whole tournament experience less stressful. Phew! I am just hoping that being the alternate means that we won't have to stay at the tournament for the entire 7 hours!!!!
Next, we rushed Michaela off to her first soccer practice of the season. We have selected a different league for her this year and we don't know anyone she will be playing with and we don't know anything about the coach..... Another Phew! We lucked out! Her coach is awesome and she LOVED the other girls on her team! M is the smallest of the girls, but she is so speedy and determined out there! I was really proud of her tonight!
With all this craziness, both girls went to bed easily and happily... in my bed, of course! That is one of the few perks of Daddy being gone. And I would love to blog more, but I have complete control of the remote and a box of Raisinettes - another perk of Daddy being gone!
2 comments:
I think my kids think Pop Tarts are a fruit, too. We go through several boxes a week (my husband eats them, too) if I will buy that many. I loved it the other day when Emily asked if she could take an extra snack for a friend in her class whose parents send "not so good snacks" (fruit).
Oh, yes, those poor little children whose parents do terrible things like send fruit, or worse, vegetables to school for their kids to eat!
Post a Comment