A friend asked me a few months ago... "Wouldn't it be great to have an entire weekend at home by yourself?" I remember the moment distinctly. We were at a birthday party and I was hot and tired and on a sugar high from the cake. I could picture myself in a bubble bath eating dark chocolate, drinking wine, and watching movies with bad words in them. This friend went on to tell me about Adventure Princesses. You pay the YMCA and several times a year your husband takes the girls camping. Sounded fabulous at the time!!!
Well, as these things typically happen, it was not all what I expected. The first campout I worried myself into a state of misery because they were in tents and it was cold. The second campout was this past weekend. This time they stayed in cabins, way better. One less thing to worry about, right? Oh, but did I mention they shot guns and bows and arrows and swung from very high ropes?!!!
Well, everyone came back in one piece and nobody shot their eye out. Yippee! I was so busy with showings and Tank that I hardly noticed the peace and quiet around here! The girls had such an amazing time! They loved all of it! The best part, I did not have to spend a weekend out in the woods watching kids shoot guns. That may be where this mama draws the line! Thank goodness they have their daddy for that stuff! It touches my heart to see the special relationship they have with their daddy. I have always told Mike, "God chooses only the most special of men to be a father to girls."
No comments:
Post a Comment