Thursday, March 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

Okay, so not much is new. It is spring break. Since I have a fear of crowds, that means hanging at home, cleaning out closets, and maybe venturing out to the park. Yesterday I got wild and crazy and decided to run to the outlet mall to get a start on summer clothes shopping. We had such a great time! Surprisingly, the girls still want to dress alike. Amazingly, they still like clothes from Gymboree! Miraculously, Gymboree was having a sale. What a great experience!

So, while we were there we ran into a girl I used to work with at my old school. Now, I discovered after I left that job that I really liked the people I worked with, especially some of the teachers. This particular person happened to be someone I absolutely love! She still works there and her kids are going there. I asked how everyone at school was doing and we chit chatted about old friends. Then she asked me a simple question....."So, what are you doing now?" I was totally stumped. Here is a mom who works at least 50 hours a week and has 2 kids about the same age as mine. I have a job outside the home for about 15 hours a week. I was honest with her. "Well, I teach at the preschool part-time still, help a friend out with her photography business, and... well, I don't really know except that I am really busy." I am not sure how I spend my time. Do other full-time moms feel this way? So, maybe I need to audit my time management. I don't know, just something to think about.

Our house is STILL on the market. Going on 5 months now. So, a couple of weeks ago I came up with a new joke. When friends would ask, "Oh, are you selling your house?" I would respond with, "Well, not really, we are just showing it to strangers." Well, boy don't I regret my smart mouth. We have had only 1 showing since Feb 20. So much for the theory that this is the best time of year to sell. Or the idea that when the weather warmed up more people would start house-shopping. I am being positive though. This is a great house and we have had a very blessed 9 years here. This house is the perfect home for someone....

1 comment:

kentuckysgirl said...

Cousin, I wouldn't worry about what others think about you not working full time. My only fear would be they would be jealous of you for having time to focus more on your family and friends!!

Having a job is fine and all, but what is better than being with your family?

PLUS - no matter what your commitment is with work, you still can't help but be committed with other things (family, friends, activities). I was unemployed for a month and was just as busy as I am now working 40hrs/wk. Not working as much doesn't mean there isn't still stuff to do!

Hope your spring break was good. I personally am jealous of your closet-cleaning time!