If you are wondering what that item is between the q-tip and the penny, well that would be the rock that the dr. dug out of my oldest daughter's ear today. I must admit that, at first, I was very shocked. I mean, I teach three year olds and even they know better! So, the school nurse calls and says that Michaela is complaining about having a rock in her ear but that they are unable to see it and Michaela is very upset. I just happen to be minutes from the school so I drive up there. Michaela is sobbing as soon as she sees me. Like any good mother, I asked, "Are you crying because it hurts or because you are afraid of me?" She, honestly, answered, "Both!" On the way to the dr. we had a few minutes to talk and I am pretty sure I know how it went down (pun intended!)
Michaela picks up pebbles from the playground at recess. Michaela is absent-mindedly playing with the rock during class. She forgets she has the rock in her hand and scratches her ear. The rock gets stuck and instead of asking for help, Michaela tries to get it out on her own and it gets stuck further down. Then the teacher tries to get it out and shoves it farther in. Then the nurse grabs her 'ear-looky thingy' and pokes it in the ear, shoving the rock further down.
Just so you know, Michaela screamed something awful when the dr. was digging it out. She reported that it really hurt and that she will never do that again! Well, that's good news;)
3 comments:
HaHa! I put a rock down my ear when I was in Kindergarten class! They had us outside doing square dancing and the other kids in my square and I decided to see who could put the smallest rock in their ear. When I went to the dr. they couldn't see it because it was waxed color, but they eventualy flushed it out.
ow. give her a hug for me and tell her that I agree that she probably shouldnt do that again. yikes.
It probably makes mom faint just thinking about since she has such issues with things touching her ears.
Eric stuck a piece of cheese up his nose one time just as the preacher came by for a visit.
Post a Comment