We brought in 2009 in a big way! We spent New Year's Eve day at Sea World and then met some friends at the Hyatt for a "Family Style New Years Eve." We had such a great time! This is the second year that we have gone to San Antonio to ring in the new year and I have to say it is becoming one of our favorite traditions. I just love all four of us being together as we watch the New York ball drop on a big screen while sitting on a haybale. There is that feeling of optimism and excitement about all that we wish for in the new year, and all of my hopes and dreams for 2009 revolve around these 3 fabulous people! The great thing about this celebration is that our family is together, but the kids have friends to play with and we get to be with our friends too! We have some really terrific friends! Mike and I feel so blessed to be sharing this time in our lives with such amazing people.
This last pic is for my dad. He LOVED the story of the Alamo. Being there reminded me so much of him. Mike and I researched the Alamo online with the girls before we went and came across a letter from Davey Crocket written to his children during his time at the Alamo, In the letter he writes of Texas, "...I do so believe it is a fortune to any man to come here." I must admit that I agree!

Best wishes to everyone for a happy, healthy, and blessed 2009!
Best wishes to everyone for a happy, healthy, and blessed 2009!
2 comments:
Looks like a great New Years! Makes our night at home on the couch with Chinesse food look down right boring.
We just barely missed you guys at Sea World! We were there on the 28th-30th. I didn't realize they did a New Years thing. We might have to check that out for next year. Glad you guys had a fun New Years~
Post a Comment