Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blessed!

Yeah, yeah, I know... I am behind on my blogging. And if my husband reads this, yeah, I know I am behind on the laundry too! I have no new pix to share. Just happiness! We have been so busy - busy with life - this wonderful, blessing-filled life! Now that I am working 4 days a week, I am much more busy (and tired) in the evenings.

Friday night, the girls went to Nana's (yeah, gotta love the Nana!) and Mike and I went to a "date night" event with our Sunday School class. What a wonderful time! Then meetings and birthday parties today. Tonight we attended the annual Spaghetti Dinner at our church. It is a fundraiser that includes a dessert auction, door prizes, and a cake walk for the kids. M and m only won 1 cake, thankfully. We had friends who didn't make out so great. One family took home 5 cakes! Another paid over $100 for a Barbie cake! Anyway, it is always such a great time. I didn't have to cook - woohoo! And we got to hang out with our fantastic church family. I got all teary-eyed looking around the room at the scene.
People of all ages eating and having fellowship together.
Our kids talking, giggling, and running around together.
My own husband swinging around friends' kids.
The sweet hugs from all the kiddos in my preschool class.
Visiting with friends we haven't seen in a while.
Marveling at how the 'babies' are walking.
Sharing hopes for the new babies on the way.
Not knowing exactly where my kids are at every moment, but knowing that they are in a place that is safe and filled with people who care about them.
Meggy got to announce a door prize number on the microphone.

I lived in a small town when I was younger and I hated it. I swore I couldn't wait to move to 'the big city' where I could live anonymously and people wouldn't be in my business all the time. Yet, here I am, living in the 4th largest city in the US and I can't go to Target without running into someone I know. And I love it! I love my community! I live, work, parent, worship, and serve God in a community full of people all doing the same thing, keeping God at the center of it all. When God led us to Lakewood UMC he changed our lives forever! Praise Him! God is good!

No comments: